Fridays In LaLa Land.

8 Jul

A letter to the City of Angels…

Dear Los Angeles,

I need a job. I’m running out of money. And also enthusiasm. (And hope, a little bit). I’ve ‘shown up’ every day, kept my focus, applied to everything from “associate editor” to “server at Cuban Mom n Pop” to “promotional girl” for Sparkle’s Angels. (We both know, in my heart, I really didn’t want to be that kind of angel…)

The thing is, if I can’t find work here — even day job work, while I’m trying to build my acting career — we are going to have to break up. And I really like you. A lot. I wanna stay for a while. I think you’d really like me if we got to know each other better. And I’d feel that all I’ve sacrificed wasn’t for nothing. (A partial list: my cello, my dog, my cat, my savings, my furniture, my friends, my boyfriend, my day job, my acting career in Portland.)

I’m asking you to meet me half way. Asking really hard.

I feel like I’m trying to jump into double-dutch jump rope and I can’t get the rhythm right.

Let’s see what we can figure out together, ok?

XX, L

Image of 1960’s Brooklyn chewing gum factory workers.

6 Responses to “Fridays In LaLa Land.”

1. JWesterby July 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM #

Gurl. You are fabulous. I am sending all the good juju I can to you and the Angel.

• Lauren July 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM #

Thank you J. I needs it right now. XO

• brittneycastro July 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM #

Tell me who you need/want to connect with….I know lots of amazing women who can help.

• Lauren July 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM #

Brittney! Thank you! I’ll totally be hitting you up in TKB…!

2. Biggie July 8, 2011 at 3:29 PM #

Hang in there, Grammy Elba, and I’ll be there before you know it!! :) Hopefully LA doesn’t remember 86-ing me a few years back…

• Lauren July 8, 2011 at 3:32 PM #

How bout you n Grammy show em who’s a badass B. I can’t wait to see you Biggie! LOVE YOU!!