Your Prized Opinion.

15 Jun

I’m thinking of writing a book. (!)

About stuff that happens in LA. From a struggling actress’s (–um, it’s me) point of view. One that hasn’t “made it” yet. So, there won’t be that awesome “PHEW! Good thing she stuck with it!” payoff at the end. It will be straight up: challenges, awkwardness, terror, death-defying-ness, mild sexiness, late rent paying, short stories, illustrations of pointless things, photos, maybe a fold-out shooting target, possibly scratch-n-sniff, confessions, secrets, lies and MAYBE a vampire if you choose that adventure – but he dies right away, so don’t pick that one.

WOULD YOU GUYS READ IT?!? I know you read this (thank you!!). But would you read a book. It would be less bloggy and more short stories-y. With an emphasis on the hilariously entertaining.

Because who wants to read a book about life in the trenches, if it’s all crying and cutting.

I like to think I can spin a good tale.

Lemme know…

Image

13 Responses to “Your Prized Opinion.”

1. Jennifer Dorning Kerilla June 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM #

Can I vote like one million tines?!

2. Diego Rojas June 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM #

I second Jennifer on the ‘million times’ comment :) Love reading about your adventures.

3. ladyj June 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM #

YES, and you can illustrate it too!!! :D I love reading your blog. I find it sobering and amusing and honest… very adorable. maybe you can make it a memoire… or something. Anyhow, I vote yes, and I also don’t think you need anyone’s opinions.. just do it! :D
    cheers.

4. tinykitchenstories June 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM #

Only if it’s scratch and sniff. There’s not enough of those around anymore.

• Lauren Bair June 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM #

On it ;) I want the entire cover to be Scratch N Sniff bacon. The more beat up it gets, the better it smells.

5. Oranges and Avocados June 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM #

I suggest a pop-up chapter.

• Lauren Bair June 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM #

That will be the part about Sunset Blvd in the 70s.

6. mywanderingmnd June 18, 2012 at 4:49 AM #

Definitely! You have a great writing style; self-deprecating and engaging at the same time. An artistic way of approaching things. Maybe you will then be encouraged to write one about your sister too someday?
    (p.s. I like pizza scratch & sniff stickers)

• Lauren Bair June 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM #

Thank you! And I’m sure I’ll have some stuff about BOTH of my sisters in there ;) And oh my goodness. PIZZA scratch n sniff was like smelly Nirvana in elementary school. I think I was high on that, and Mr. Sketch markers straight up until 5th grade.